Being injured while all pools are closed due to the pandemic lead to some interesting experiences.
- Be prepared to feel like your face is freezing off in the first two minutes of swimming.
- When it’s cloudy, the lake will resemble the one you saw in the last horror movie you watched.
- Pace doesn’t matter. You won’t even know if you just swam thirty meters or a hundred.
- The GPS of your watch will fool around with you sometimes. You might either swim 5 meters in an hour or 9,000 meters in fifteen minutes.
- Don’t swallow the duck poop floating in the water.
- Make sure to swim in “clean” water or expect to spend the night over (or on) the toilet seat.
- Your hands or feet will likely touch one or more of the following things that are sharing the water with you: 1) algae, 2) driftwood, 3) other (unidentifiable) objects. But whatever your brain is trying to tell you, it is probably not gonna kill you.
- Don’t expect the weather forecast to be accurate and sprint faster than ever at the sound of thunder.