Apple & Carrot Scones Recipe
200g Wholegrain Flour
120g Apple (about one apple)
70g Ground Almonds (or Almond Flour)
30g Sunflower Seeds
50ml Soy Milk
20g Sunflower Oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Peel the carrot(s) and grate them. Combine with the dry ingredients.
- Grate the apple and add it into the bowl.
- Add soy milk and sunflower oil.
- Make sure all ingredients are well combined before you start forming little balls with your hands.
- Put some sesame into a soup plate and roll them in it until they are completely covered in sesame.
- Bake in the oven for 40min.
If the plain scones are too boring for you… They are what you combine them with.
Here are some ideas on what to eat them with:
- Nut butter
- Homemade hazelnut spread
- Dark chocolate
- Homemade jam
- Fruit chutney
My personal favorite is nut butter! 🙂
I like baked goods best when they’re right out of the oven and still warm. But when they’re already cooled off, I like doing this:
- Cut the scone in half.
- Put it into the microwave for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Take a piece of dark chocolate and press it into the halves of the scone.
- Wait a little until it has melted.
- Use a knife or spoon to spread the dark chocolate over the whole half.
- Top it with some slivered almonds (optional) and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, please give it a like or share it with friends!