Cranberries and almonds – a perfect combination for cookies!
I am a huge fan of these home-made cookies for three reasons: They are best when they’re right out of the oven, they contain no processed sugar, and they are high in protein. I love taking them to work or school as a snack, or for having them with coffee in the afternoon.
Cranberry-Almond Cookies Recipe
170g Whole spelt flour
125g Vegan Butter
50g Raw Cane Sugar
200g Almonds, ground
50g Hazelnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
½ Tsp Baking Soda
- Try different kind of nuts: Swap the ground almonds for hazelnuts
- Add in walnut: If hazelnut is not your favorite, these cookies taste also great with walnut!
- Raisins instead of cranberries
- Flaxseed: Mix one tablespoon of flaxseed with three tablespoons of water to get the same result as with using chia seeds
If you like it to be sweeter, feel free to add in more sugar!
- 170g Whole Spelt Flour
- 125g Vegan Butter
- 50g Raw Cane Sugar
- 200g Cranberries
- 200g Almonds, ground
- 50g Hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/302°F.
- Combine one tablespoon of chia seeds with three tablespoons of water and let it soak for about five minutes.
- Put the vegan butter, sugar, and salt in a bowl and stir with an electric whisk. Add the soaked chia seeds and combine.
- Add in the cranberries, ground almonds, baking soda, and flour. Also add cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Stir until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to form small dough balls. With a cup or jar, press down each of them to shape them into cookies.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.